{moments like these are what life is all about}

Monday, September 8, 2008

There's no mailbox in Heaven, right?

As you have heard (or read) many conversations between Leah and myself about Heaven and God. I love to share them because I find it very interesting to listen to other's ideas about Heaven and what the perfect place looks like to others. And especially to watch a child attempt to formulate those ideas in her always-curious little mind.
This morning's conversation went like this when Leah found an old change purse that belonged to Nana...
L: Mom, What's this?
M: Oh, that was a little change purse that probably belonged to Nana.
L:Oh, Mom, I miss Nana.
M: I know, Baby, I miss her, too.
L: I miss Amanda, too [my niece that lived with us for a while before moving to Colorado a couple of weeks ago].
M: Well maybe you could write Amanda a letter to tell her you miss her and love her.
L: {very enthusiastically} Maybe I could write Nana a letter too! {very disappointingly, as if she realized that she may have misspoke} Oh, no wait! I can't mail her a letter. There's no mailbox in Heaven, right?
M: Um, well...
L: I guess I can't mail this purse to her. I think she'd let me play with it since she left it behind right?
M: I think you're right, Leah. She wouldn't mind if you played with it.
L: Maybe I could ask God to ask her.
M: That's a good idea, Leah.

You can all rest assured...according to Leah,we won't need glasses or bras, we will be surrounded by our favorite blanket and stuffed animals and we will be free of bills and junk mail. Isn't that just the perfect image?

0 comments: